By Diane Duane
Touring again in time to 1874 London to avoid an assassination plot opposed to Queen Victoria, the pussycat wizards of Grand relevant Station -- chief Rhiow and her capable companions Urrah and Arhu -- needs to summon their powers to keep away from catastrophe in Victorian England, in any other case their archenemy, the evil Lone One, will warp time and set off Armageddon. Teamed with a tender Arthur Conan Doyle, Queen Victoria herself, and different ancient figures, the tom cat wizards got down to locate the forgotten magic that may rewrite heritage -- or the cats who can retailer mankind won't ever have existed.
Read Online or Download To Visit the Queen (Feline Wizards, Book 2) PDF
Similar paranormal phenomena books
Forged out via her nation and much from domestic, she's the Kanin people's simply hope.
Bryn Aven - unjustly charged with homicide and treason - is at the run. the single one who can assist is her maximum enemy, the enigmatic Konstantin Black. Konstantin is her in simple terms best friend opposed to those that have taken over her state and threaten to ruin every thing she holds pricey. yet can she belief him?
As Bryn fights to transparent her identify, the Kanin rulers’ darkest secrets and techniques are coming to light… and now the complete troll global is on the point of battle. Will it tear Bryn from Ridley Dresden, the one man she’s ever enjoyed? and will she sign up for forces with Finn Holmes and the Trylle nation? something is sure: an epic conflict is underway—and whilst it’s entire, not anything will ever be the same…
Born a half-breed to an elven mom and human father, Leesil was once raised within the Warlands as murderer, undercover agent, and slave to Lord Darmouth, ruler to 1 of its autonomous provinces. yet Leesil's mom educated him too good, and he used his talents to flee, leaving his mom and dad to undergo Darmouth's wrath for all such traitors and their relatives.
Debut writer Enthoven provides a sprawling fable epic set in modern day London a couple of 14-year-old boy, Charlie, who thinks he has been given superpowers. in reality, notwithstanding, that Charlie has been possessed through a demon.
Pseudoscience and amazing Claims of the mystical: A severe Thinker's Toolkit offers readers with quite a few "reality-checking" instruments to research impressive claims and to figure out their validity.
• Integrates basic but strong evaluative instruments utilized by either paranormal believers and skeptics alike
• Introduces options comparable to a continuum for rating paranormal claims and comparing their implications
• comprises an cutting edge "Critical Thinker's Toolkit," a scientific strategy for acting truth assessments on paranormal claims regarding astrology, psychics, spiritualism, parapsychology, dream telepathy, mind-over-matter, prayer, existence after demise, creationism, and more
• Explores the 5 substitute hypotheses to contemplate whilst confronting a magical claim
• fact money packing containers, built-in into the textual content, invite scholars to have interaction in additional dialogue and exam of claims
• Written in a full of life, attractive variety for college kids and basic readers alike
Ancillaries: Testbank and PowerPoint slides on hand at www. wiley. com/go/pseudoscience
- Deadly Harvest (The Flynn Brothers Trilogy, Book 2)
- Darkness Walks: The Shadow People Among Us
- Legacies (Repairman Jack, Book 2)
- Some Like It Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, Book 5)
- Journeys Out of the Body (The Journeys Trilogy, Book 1)
Additional info for To Visit the Queen (Feline Wizards, Book 2)
It was not a wall in my bedroom. Yet somehow it was famihar. Identification came instantly. It wasn't a wall, it was the ceiling. I was floating against the ceiling, bouncing gently with any movement I made. I rolled in the air, startled, and looked down. There, in the dim light below me, was the bed. There were two figures lying in the bed. To the right was my wife. Beside her was someone else. Both seemed asleep. This was a strange dream, I thought. I was curious. Whom would I dream to be in bed with my wife?
On one occasion, at I dis- seemed least, it to develop into a ring of sparks about two feet in diameter, with the axis of my body in the center of the ring. I could would if I closed my eyes. The head and slowly sweep down to my toes and back to the head, keeping this up in a regular oscillation. The time of the cycle seemed to be some five seconds. As the ring ring actually see this ring start at the passed over each section of my body, tions like a band cutting through that passed over my I could section.
In the obscure history of mankind, The word matter. "astral" has dim it is an entirely different origins in early mystical and occult events which involve witchcraft, sorcery, incantations, and other seeming foolishness which modern man looks upon as silly and superstitious nonsense. As no attempt was made to delve deeply into this area, I still don't know what the word "astral" means. " The person who travels around in his astral body can make short visits to these talk places, with "dead" people, participate in activities and come none the worse for wear.