By James D. Stein
So much folks imagine technological know-how is incapable of explaining supernatural phenomena. this is able to contain every thing from ghosts and conversation with the lifeless to extrasensory belief (ESP), precognition, and telekinesis. Scientists are usually hugely skeptical of the lifestyles of such phenomena due to the loss of the rigorous documentation that technological know-how calls for. however, many nice scientists have believed--and do believe--in the supernatural.
The Paranormal Equation offers an issue for the life of supernatural phenomena in keeping with the maths and technology stumbled on over the last century. It additionally explains why supernatural phenomena needs to exist if the universe satisfies sure conditions--conditions that are accredited by way of many operating scientists.
The Paranormal Equation explores such questions as:
* How do we distinguish among the really unknown and the supernatural?
* How have scientists tried to review the supernatural?
* What are the rational purposes for believing within the supernatural?
* Which hypotheses concerning the universe mandate the life of supernatural phenomena?
Anyone attracted to how technology is commencing to comprehend or even clarify the likely unexplainable may want to learn this interesting new identify.
Read Online or Download The Paranormal Equation: A New Scientific Perspective on Remote Viewing, Clairvoyance, and Other Inexplicable Phenomena PDF
Similar paranormal phenomena books
Forged out by means of her nation and much from domestic, she's the Kanin people's in basic terms hope.
Bryn Aven - unjustly charged with homicide and treason - is at the run. the single one who might help is her maximum enemy, the enigmatic Konstantin Black. Konstantin is her basically best friend opposed to those that have taken over her nation and threaten to damage every little thing she holds expensive. yet can she belief him?
As Bryn fights to transparent her identify, the Kanin rulers’ darkest secrets and techniques are coming to light… and now the total troll international is on the point of warfare. Will it tear Bryn from Ridley Dresden, the single man she’s ever enjoyed? and will she sign up for forces with Finn Holmes and the Trylle nation? something is sure: an epic conflict is underway—and while it’s entire, not anything will ever be the same…
Born a half-breed to an elven mom and human father, Leesil used to be raised within the Warlands as murderer, secret agent, and slave to Lord Darmouth, ruler to 1 of its self reliant provinces. yet Leesil's mom informed him too good, and he used his abilities to flee, leaving his mom and dad to endure Darmouth's wrath for all such traitors and their relatives.
Debut writer Enthoven promises a sprawling myth epic set in modern day London a few 14-year-old boy, Charlie, who thinks he has been given superpowers. in reality, even if, that Charlie has been possessed through a demon.
Pseudoscience and outstanding Claims of the mystical: A serious Thinker's Toolkit offers readers with a number of "reality-checking" instruments to investigate outstanding claims and to figure out their validity.
• Integrates uncomplicated but robust evaluative instruments utilized by either paranormal believers and skeptics alike
• Introduces recommendations akin to a continuum for rating paranormal claims and comparing their implications
• contains an cutting edge "Critical Thinker's Toolkit," a scientific method for acting truth assessments on paranormal claims relating to astrology, psychics, spiritualism, parapsychology, dream telepathy, mind-over-matter, prayer, existence after demise, creationism, and more
• Explores the 5 replacement hypotheses to think about while confronting a magical claim
• truth fee bins, built-in into the textual content, invite scholars to have interaction in additional dialogue and exam of claims
• Written in a full of life, attractive type for college kids and basic readers alike
Ancillaries: Testbank and PowerPoint slides to be had at www. wiley. com/go/pseudoscience
- Shelter (Blood Haze, Book 1)
- Infamous (Chronicles of Nick, Book 3)
- European Cases of the Reincarnation Type
- Wolfsbane (Sianim, Book 4)
- Secret Life of a Vampire (Love at Stake, Book 6)
- Pies and Prejudice (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery, Book 1)
Extra info for The Paranormal Equation: A New Scientific Perspective on Remote Viewing, Clairvoyance, and Other Inexplicable Phenomena
In his darkest hours, he’d hated the driver of the other car and told himself he’d seek revenge against its survivor. < < < Ghost Radio • 45 >>> He imagined cutting the bastard’s head off with a machete, and feeding it to the stray dogs of Tijuana. But when he saw the focus of his hatred that first time, his anger melted away. He had no desire for revenge. He just saw another sad, wounded boy. A kindred soul. He looked forward to speaking to him again and even, perhaps someday, playing music together.
For a moment he thought he was hearing a medical show. He continued to listen. “If we can’t stop the hemorrhaging, this one’s gonna code on us,” said another voice farther away. I don’t like these shows, Gabriel thought. I’m going to change the channel. < < < Ghost Radio • 31 >>> “Where’s the remote? ” He heard laughing and a joke about couch potatoes that he didn’t understand. Then he sank back into the blackness. Wonderful, welcoming blackness. < < < chapter 8 > > > A VOIC E AT T H I RT Y T HOUSA N D F E ET Blackness .
The conversation frustrated him. For a while, he lay in bed and watched TV. He wasn’t enjoying it at all. He couldn’t believe the caravan of imbeciles that paraded around, submitting to the most ridiculous stunts imaginable. He fell asleep numbly contemplating the decomposing wasteland of late-night television. The next day, after a bland hotel breakfast, they got into the rented Ford and went to the hospital. Joaquin listened to the Dead Kennedys. Efficiency and progress is ours once more Now that we have the Neutron bomb It’s nice and quick and clean and gets things done.