By Ronald Russell
In 1971 Doubleday released a ebook referred to as Journeys Out of the Body, a Virginia businessman's memoir of his bizarre adventures on different planes of fact. That publication, which has bought greater than one million copies, and that guy, Robert Monroe, helped cement the idea that of astral trip into the yankee psyche and made the "out-of-body experience" a loved ones notice.
Monroe not just helped others comprehend this nation of being, yet via his study on binaural beats and his improvement of the know-how referred to as Hemi-Sync, he made the OBE available via courses at The Monroe Institute, that's attended by way of hundreds of thousands of individuals every year. even if, Monroe made awareness study greater than an esoteric thrill journey.
He placed his know-how to functional use via developing frequencies that experience helped individuals with every little thing from meditation and studying, to insomnia, quitting smoking, and soreness control.
Read or Download The Journey of Robert Monroe: From Out-of-Body Explorer to Consciousness Pioneer PDF
Best paranormal phenomena books
Solid out by way of her nation and much from domestic, she's the Kanin people's basically hope.
Bryn Aven - unjustly charged with homicide and treason - is at the run. the only one who might help is her maximum enemy, the enigmatic Konstantin Black. Konstantin is her simply best friend opposed to those that have taken over her country and threaten to ruin every thing she holds expensive. yet can she belief him?
As Bryn fights to transparent her identify, the Kanin rulers’ darkest secrets and techniques are coming to light… and now the complete troll global is near to conflict. Will it tear Bryn from Ridley Dresden, the one man she’s ever enjoyed? and will she subscribe to forces with Finn Holmes and the Trylle state? something is bound: an epic conflict is underway—and whilst it’s whole, not anything will ever be the same…
Born a half-breed to an elven mom and human father, Leesil was once raised within the Warlands as murderer, secret agent, and slave to Lord Darmouth, ruler to at least one of its autonomous provinces. yet Leesil's mom educated him too good, and he used his abilities to flee, leaving his mom and dad to undergo Darmouth's wrath for all such traitors and their relations.
Debut writer Enthoven offers a sprawling fable epic set in modern day London a couple of 14-year-old boy, Charlie, who thinks he has been given superpowers. in point of fact, notwithstanding, that Charlie has been possessed by way of a demon.
Pseudoscience and awesome Claims of the mystical: A serious Thinker's Toolkit offers readers with various "reality-checking" instruments to research amazing claims and to figure out their validity.
• Integrates basic but robust evaluative instruments utilized by either paranormal believers and skeptics alike
• Introduces ideas comparable to a continuum for score paranormal claims and comparing their implications
• comprises an leading edge "Critical Thinker's Toolkit," a scientific process for appearing fact tests on paranormal claims regarding astrology, psychics, spiritualism, parapsychology, dream telepathy, mind-over-matter, prayer, existence after loss of life, creationism, and more
• Explores the 5 replacement hypotheses to contemplate while confronting a magical claim
• truth payment containers, built-in into the textual content, invite scholars to have interaction in extra dialogue and exam of claims
• Written in a full of life, attractive type for college kids and normal readers alike
Ancillaries: Testbank and PowerPoint slides on hand at www. wiley. com/go/pseudoscience
- Hybrid (Hybrid, Book 1)
- Kiss of Christmas Magic: 20 Paranormal Holiday Tales of Werewolves, Shifters, Vampires, Dragons, Fey, Ghosts and More
- Reprisal (Adversary Cycle, Book 5)
- Crisscross (Repairman Jack, Book 8)
- The Macabre Megapack: 25 Lost Tales from the Golden Age (Macabre Megapack, Book 1)
- Unbelievable: Investigations into Ghosts, Poltergeists, Telepathy, and Other Unseen Phenomena, from the Duke Parapsychology Laboratory
Extra resources for The Journey of Robert Monroe: From Out-of-Body Explorer to Consciousness Pioneer
Author’s collection, gift of Tom Gaskins) carvings but forgot about them. It was not until 1978 that he finally sent a photograph of a group of the completed five knees to the Ripley International Ltd. office in Toronto but was told that they did not require any more at the time (Gaskins 1979). There was ample room for confusion and misunderstanding in all of this, and Tom Gaskins did not believe that anyone at Ripley ever intended to misrepresent how the “RIPLEY” knee was actually formed. During my investigation, a Ripley official reported to me that “This exhibit has been in the possession of Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
New York: Houghton Mifflin. Loretto Chapel. d. Text of display card, photographed by author, 1993. ” 1960. Encyclopaedia Britannica. ” 1960. Encyclopaedia Britannica. Stieber, Tamar. 2000. Loretto staircase mystery unravels. New Mexico magazine. , 62–66. Flying Saucer Dogfight Chapter 7 Flying Saucer “Dogfight” Did an extraterrestrial craft actually fire on a police helicopter? If not, what was the nature of a UFO that two officers reported attacked them over Louisville, Kentucky, in 1993? Is this the case that proves the reality of alien invaders?
I was extended every courtesy in this, being provided a special work area and permission to fully examine and photograph the pages, which I did as part of a three-day stay at Lily Dale, August 7–9, 1998. 1 Several flourished signatures—“Ira Erastus Davenport,” “I. Erastus Davenport,” and “Ira E. Davenport,” with addresses of Buffalo and Chicago (the latter dated “1861”)—are found throughout the pages. These compare favorably (making allowances for variations over time) with the “Ira E. Davenport” signature on the January 19, 1909, letter to Houdini (previously mentioned).