By John F Kennedy, Glyn O Phillips, Peter A Williams
This publication covers the creation, administration and altering styles of world wooden and fibre assets, with emphasis at the inter-disciplinary personality of wooden and similar plant fabrics when it comes to their source worth.
Read Online or Download The Chemistry and Processing of Wood and Plant Fibrous Material: Cellucon '94 Proceedings PDF
Similar chemistry books
As a spectroscopic strategy, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) has noticeable outstanding progress during the last twenty years, either as a strategy and in its functions. at the present time the functions of NMR span quite a lot of medical disciplines, from physics to biology to drugs. every one quantity of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance includes a mix of annual and biennial stories which jointly supply complete of the literature in this subject.
This ebook was once undertaken for the aim of bringing jointly the commonly different traces of experimental paintings and pondering which has been expressed yet has frequently been unheard at the identify query. it will likely be transparent to the reader serious perspective has been maintained in assembling the fabric of this quickly increasing region of outrage to natural chemists.
- Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds: The Heterocyclic Derivatives of Phosphorus, Arsenic, Antimony and Bismuth, Volume 1
- Liquid Membranes: Theory and Applications (Acs Symposium Series)
- foam and foam films. Theory, Ecxperiment, Application
- Aspects of African Biodiversity: Proceedings of the Pan Africa Chemistry Network Biodiversity Conference Nairobi, 10-12 September 2008 (Special Publications)
- Risk-Based Classification of Radioactive and Hazardous Chemical Wastes (Ncrp Report, No. 139)
Additional info for The Chemistry and Processing of Wood and Plant Fibrous Material: Cellucon '94 Proceedings
7. H. Meier, H. (1962) Acta. , 16, 2275. 8. Stewart, D. D Thesis, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland. 4 Phenolic acid dimers in barley straw cell walls D Stewart & I M Morrison - Unit for Industrial Crops, Scottish Crop Research Institute, Dundee DD2 5DA, Scotland ABSTRACT We report the tentative characterization of three groups of alkali soluble 3-0H-4-CH3 substituted phenolic acid dimers in the cell walls of barley straw. The two predominant groups are derived from ferulic acid by photochemical (truxinic/truxillic acids; Fig.
Anon, (1991) Pulp and Paper Capacities; 1990-1995, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome. 2. Anon, (1993) Agriculture in the United Kingdom: 1992, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, London. 3. , Brennan, R. M. and Provan, G. J. (1994) Phytochemistry, 37, 1703. 4. , Brennan, R. M. and Morrison, I. M. (1994) Cell. Chern. , In Press 5. E. Sjostrom and B. Enstrom, Tappi 50, 32 (1967). 6. T. E. Timmell, T. E. (1964) in: Advance in Carbohydrate Chemistry, Wolfrom, M.
It is probable that the arabinose residues, along with the glucose and galactose residues, are derived from substituted galactans. Timell (6) reported that tension wood, the wood formed when hardwood is subject to an outside influence, such as physical pressure, was high in glucose substituted galactan. Similarly, Meier (7), in studies on the hardwood European beech, found that it contained tension wood, the H/C of which was predominantly glucose and arabinose substituted galactan. Table 1 The neutral sugar composition and lignin and uronic acid contents of treated and untreated blackcurrant residues and extracts.