By Hui Li; et al
Large-scale commercialization of proton alternate membrane gasoline phone (PEMFC) expertise has been hindered via problems with reliability, and value, that are relating to the degradation of gas mobilephone functionality. This ebook discusses the affects of infection and the infection mitigation thoughts to enhance gas cellphone functionality and sturdiness. entrance conceal; Contents; sequence Preface; Preface; Editors; members; bankruptcy 1. PEM gasoline mobile rules and advent to infection concerns; bankruptcy 2. gas phone Contaminants: resources and Chemical/Electrochemical Reactions; bankruptcy three. Cathode illness; bankruptcy four. Anode illness; bankruptcy five. Membrane Electrode meeting illness; bankruptcy 6. Cathode illness Modeling; bankruptcy 7. Anode infection Modeling; bankruptcy eight. Membrane illness Modeling; bankruptcy nine. Impurity Mitigation recommendations; Index; again hide
Read Online or Download Proton exchange membrane fuel cells : contamination and mitigation strategies PDF
Similar chemistry books
As a spectroscopic technique, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) has noticeable extraordinary development during the last twenty years, either as a method and in its functions. at the present time the functions of NMR span a variety of clinical disciplines, from physics to biology to medication. every one quantity of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance contains a mixture of annual and biennial experiences which jointly offer finished of the literature in this subject.
This booklet was once undertaken for the aim of bringing jointly the generally assorted traces of experimental paintings and considering which has been expressed yet has usually been unheard at the identify query. will probably be transparent to the reader severe standpoint has been maintained in assembling the fabric of this swiftly increasing quarter of outrage to natural chemists.
- The Chemistry of Peroxides
- Encyclopedia of explosives and related items Vol. 6 [Etagenguss to Gyroscopic movement of projectiles]
- Chemie: Grundlagen, Aufbauwissen, Anwendungen und Experimente, 8. Auflage
- Dopamine, Volume 21 (Handbook of Chemical Neuroanatomy)
- Food Colorants: Chemical and Functional Properties (Chemical & Functional Properties of Food Components)
- McGraw-Hill Ryerson Chemistry 12
Additional resources for Proton exchange membrane fuel cells : contamination and mitigation strategies
2007. Identification and characterization of near-term direct hydrogen proton exchange membrane fuel cell markets. Battelle. http://www1. pdf (accessed May 29, 2009). 1 Open Circuit Voltage and the Nernst Equation The open circuit voltage (OCV) is the voltage provided by a single fuel cell under conditions of no electrical load. Under these open circuit conditions, the true electrochemical equilibrium at slow discharge of current approaching zero represents the thermodynamic cell voltage. For an electrode reaction, the cell voltage value at equilibrium is characterized by the Nernst equation, providing the electrode potential as a function of the bulk concentration of the reactants and products .
2. 2 Catalyst, Catalyst Layer On either side of the membrane are the anode and cathode catalyst electrode layers. The electrochemically active catalyst sites require the three-phase interface: (1) Pt catalyst surface, electrically connected to the external path to provide electron transport paths; (2) ionomer or electrolyte contact to transport protons; and (3) reactant gas phase access. The catalysts are required to promote the desired reactions to occur at an appreciable rate. The catalysts used in PEM fuel cells are typically Pt-based due to the high stability and reactivity of Pt.
1. 1 Proton Exchange Membrane The heart of the PEM fuel cell is the proton exchange membrane, which transports protons from the anode to the cathode. The membrane also serves to separate the fuel and oxidant gas phases and electronically insulates the cathode from the anode. The most typical membrane is a sulfonated perfluorinated polymer. 2. The sulfonic acid (SO3H) groups on the side chains allow the protons or other cations to “hop” from one acid site to another, in the presence of water. The exact mechanism of the proton movement is an area of significant research.