By Laurell K. Hamilton
There are lots of monsters in Anita Blake's lifestyles. and a few of them are human. One such person is the fellow she calls Edward, a bounty hunter who focuses on the preternatural. He calls her to assist him search out the best evil she has ever encountered. anything that kills and maims and vanishes into the evening. anything Anita should face alone…
Read or Download Obsidian Butterfly (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 9) PDF
Similar paranormal phenomena books
Solid out by way of her country and much from domestic, she's the Kanin people's basically hope.
Bryn Aven - unjustly charged with homicide and treason - is at the run. the single one who will help is her maximum enemy, the enigmatic Konstantin Black. Konstantin is her merely best friend opposed to those that have taken over her country and threaten to wreck every thing she holds pricey. yet can she belief him?
As Bryn fights to transparent her identify, the Kanin rulers’ darkest secrets and techniques are coming to light… and now the full troll international is close to warfare. Will it tear Bryn from Ridley Dresden, the single man she’s ever enjoyed? and will she sign up for forces with Finn Holmes and the Trylle nation? something is bound: an epic conflict is underway—and while it’s entire, not anything will ever be the same…
Born a half-breed to an elven mom and human father, Leesil used to be raised within the Warlands as murderer, undercover agent, and slave to Lord Darmouth, ruler to 1 of its autonomous provinces. yet Leesil's mom knowledgeable him too good, and he used his abilities to flee, leaving his mom and dad to endure Darmouth's wrath for all such traitors and their relatives.
Debut writer Enthoven promises a sprawling fable epic set in modern day London a few 14-year-old boy, Charlie, who thinks he has been given superpowers. as a matter of fact, notwithstanding, that Charlie has been possessed via a demon.
Pseudoscience and awesome Claims of the magical: A severe Thinker's Toolkit offers readers with quite a few "reality-checking" instruments to investigate impressive claims and to figure out their validity.
• Integrates uncomplicated but strong evaluative instruments utilized by either paranormal believers and skeptics alike
• Introduces recommendations akin to a continuum for score paranormal claims and comparing their implications
• comprises an cutting edge "Critical Thinker's Toolkit," a scientific method for appearing fact tests on paranormal claims with regards to astrology, psychics, spiritualism, parapsychology, dream telepathy, mind-over-matter, prayer, existence after loss of life, creationism, and more
• Explores the 5 replacement hypotheses to contemplate whilst confronting a mystical claim
• fact money bins, built-in into the textual content, invite scholars to interact in additional dialogue and exam of claims
• Written in a full of life, attractive kind for college students and basic readers alike
Ancillaries: Testbank and PowerPoint slides to be had at www. wiley. com/go/pseudoscience
- Legacies (Repairman Jack, Book 2)
- Sojourner (Sojourner,Book 1)
- Vowed (Vampire Journals, Book 7)
- The Ultimate Time Machine: A Remote Viewer's Perception of Time & Predictions for the New Millennium
- The Accidental Dragon (Accidentals, Book 9)
Additional resources for Obsidian Butterfly (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 9)
It was not a wall in my bedroom. Yet somehow it was famihar. Identification came instantly. It wasn't a wall, it was the ceiling. I was floating against the ceiling, bouncing gently with any movement I made. I rolled in the air, startled, and looked down. There, in the dim light below me, was the bed. There were two figures lying in the bed. To the right was my wife. Beside her was someone else. Both seemed asleep. This was a strange dream, I thought. I was curious. Whom would I dream to be in bed with my wife?
On one occasion, at I dis- seemed least, it to develop into a ring of sparks about two feet in diameter, with the axis of my body in the center of the ring. I could would if I closed my eyes. The head and slowly sweep down to my toes and back to the head, keeping this up in a regular oscillation. The time of the cycle seemed to be some five seconds. As the ring ring actually see this ring start at the passed over each section of my body, tions like a band cutting through that passed over my I could section.
In the obscure history of mankind, The word matter. "astral" has dim it is an entirely different origins in early mystical and occult events which involve witchcraft, sorcery, incantations, and other seeming foolishness which modern man looks upon as silly and superstitious nonsense. As no attempt was made to delve deeply into this area, I still don't know what the word "astral" means. " The person who travels around in his astral body can make short visits to these talk places, with "dead" people, participate in activities and come none the worse for wear.