By Anne McCaffrey
Open those pages and detect 14 extraordinary tales of delusion via a grand grasp of the style. an excellent author, in addition to winning and cherished by means of lovers the world over, Anne McCaffrey has created an exhilarating number of telepaths, mystery presents, harmful missions, dragonriders, and more.
• Author’s Preface to girl within the Tower and a gathering of Minds
• Lady within the Tower
• A assembly of Minds
• Author’s Preface to Daughter, boring Drums and Changeling
• Dull Drums
• Author’s Preface to climate on Welladay
• Weather on Welladay
• Author’s Preface to The Thorns of Barevi, Horse from a unique Sea and the good dogs Chorus
• The Thorns of Barevi
• Horse from a unique Sea
• The nice canines Chorus
• Author’s Preface to Finder’s Keeper, a formal Santa Claus and The Smallest Dragonboy
• Finder’s Keeper
• A right Santa Claus
• The Smallest Dragonboy
• Author’s Preface to Apple
• Author’s Preface to Honeymoon
Read Online or Download Get Off the Unicorn PDF
Similar paranormal phenomena books
Forged out by way of her state and much from domestic, she's the Kanin people's simply hope.
Bryn Aven - unjustly charged with homicide and treason - is at the run. the only one who can assist is her maximum enemy, the enigmatic Konstantin Black. Konstantin is her in basic terms best friend opposed to those that have taken over her country and threaten to spoil every little thing she holds expensive. yet can she belief him?
As Bryn fights to transparent her identify, the Kanin rulers’ darkest secrets and techniques are coming to light… and now the complete troll international is close to conflict. Will it tear Bryn from Ridley Dresden, the one man she’s ever enjoyed? and will she sign up for forces with Finn Holmes and the Trylle state? something is bound: an epic conflict is underway—and whilst it’s entire, not anything will ever be the same…
Born a half-breed to an elven mom and human father, Leesil used to be raised within the Warlands as murderer, undercover agent, and slave to Lord Darmouth, ruler to 1 of its autonomous provinces. yet Leesil's mom knowledgeable him too good, and he used his abilities to flee, leaving his mom and dad to undergo Darmouth's wrath for all such traitors and their family.
Debut writer Enthoven gives you a sprawling delusion epic set in modern day London a couple of 14-year-old boy, Charlie, who thinks he has been given superpowers. in truth, notwithstanding, that Charlie has been possessed through a demon.
Pseudoscience and remarkable Claims of the magical: A serious Thinker's Toolkit offers readers with numerous "reality-checking" instruments to investigate outstanding claims and to figure out their validity.
• Integrates uncomplicated but robust evaluative instruments utilized by either paranormal believers and skeptics alike
• Introduces suggestions akin to a continuum for rating paranormal claims and comparing their implications
• contains an leading edge "Critical Thinker's Toolkit," a scientific strategy for appearing truth assessments on paranormal claims on the topic of astrology, psychics, spiritualism, parapsychology, dream telepathy, mind-over-matter, prayer, lifestyles after demise, creationism, and more
• Explores the 5 substitute hypotheses to think about whilst confronting a mystical claim
• truth money packing containers, built-in into the textual content, invite scholars to interact in extra dialogue and exam of claims
• Written in a full of life, attractive kind for college students and common readers alike
Ancillaries: Testbank and PowerPoint slides on hand at www. wiley. com/go/pseudoscience
- The Touch (Adversary Cycle, Book 3)
- Be Still My Vampire Heart (Love at Stake, Book 3)
- Authors of the Impossible: The Paranormal and the Sacred
- The King (The Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 12)
Extra info for Get Off the Unicorn
In his darkest hours, he’d hated the driver of the other car and told himself he’d seek revenge against its survivor. < < < Ghost Radio • 45 >>> He imagined cutting the bastard’s head off with a machete, and feeding it to the stray dogs of Tijuana. But when he saw the focus of his hatred that first time, his anger melted away. He had no desire for revenge. He just saw another sad, wounded boy. A kindred soul. He looked forward to speaking to him again and even, perhaps someday, playing music together.
For a moment he thought he was hearing a medical show. He continued to listen. “If we can’t stop the hemorrhaging, this one’s gonna code on us,” said another voice farther away. I don’t like these shows, Gabriel thought. I’m going to change the channel. < < < Ghost Radio • 31 >>> “Where’s the remote? ” He heard laughing and a joke about couch potatoes that he didn’t understand. Then he sank back into the blackness. Wonderful, welcoming blackness. < < < chapter 8 > > > A VOIC E AT T H I RT Y T HOUSA N D F E ET Blackness .
The conversation frustrated him. For a while, he lay in bed and watched TV. He wasn’t enjoying it at all. He couldn’t believe the caravan of imbeciles that paraded around, submitting to the most ridiculous stunts imaginable. He fell asleep numbly contemplating the decomposing wasteland of late-night television. The next day, after a bland hotel breakfast, they got into the rented Ford and went to the hospital. Joaquin listened to the Dead Kennedys. Efficiency and progress is ours once more Now that we have the Neutron bomb It’s nice and quick and clean and gets things done.