By Laurell K. Hamilton
Nowadays, Anita Blake is much less drawn to vampire politics than in an historical, traditional dread she stocks with girls down the a long time: she should be pregnant. And, if she is, no matter if the daddy is a vampire, werewolf, or anything else fullyyt, it's transparent that being a Federal Marshal identified for elevating the useless and being a vampire executioner is not any solution to raise a toddler.
Read or Download Danse Macabre (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 14) PDF
Best paranormal phenomena books
Forged out through her state and much from domestic, she's the Kanin people's simply hope.
Bryn Aven - unjustly charged with homicide and treason - is at the run. the only one who will help is her maximum enemy, the enigmatic Konstantin Black. Konstantin is her merely best friend opposed to those that have taken over her nation and threaten to spoil every little thing she holds expensive. yet can she belief him?
As Bryn fights to transparent her identify, the Kanin rulers’ darkest secrets and techniques are coming to light… and now the complete troll global is on the point of warfare. Will it tear Bryn from Ridley Dresden, the one man she’s ever enjoyed? and will she subscribe to forces with Finn Holmes and the Trylle country? something is sure: an epic conflict is underway—and while it’s entire, not anything will ever be the same…
Born a half-breed to an elven mom and human father, Leesil was once raised within the Warlands as murderer, secret agent, and slave to Lord Darmouth, ruler to at least one of its self sustaining provinces. yet Leesil's mom educated him too good, and he used his abilities to flee, leaving his mom and dad to undergo Darmouth's wrath for all such traitors and their relatives.
Debut writer Enthoven promises a sprawling myth epic set in modern day London a couple of 14-year-old boy, Charlie, who thinks he has been given superpowers. in point of fact, even if, that Charlie has been possessed by means of a demon.
Pseudoscience and notable Claims of the mystical: A severe Thinker's Toolkit presents readers with various "reality-checking" instruments to investigate impressive claims and to figure out their validity.
• Integrates easy but robust evaluative instruments utilized by either paranormal believers and skeptics alike
• Introduces recommendations corresponding to a continuum for score paranormal claims and comparing their implications
• comprises an leading edge "Critical Thinker's Toolkit," a scientific process for appearing fact tests on paranormal claims on the topic of astrology, psychics, spiritualism, parapsychology, dream telepathy, mind-over-matter, prayer, existence after loss of life, creationism, and more
• Explores the 5 substitute hypotheses to think about whilst confronting a mystical claim
• fact money containers, built-in into the textual content, invite scholars to have interaction in additional dialogue and exam of claims
• Written in a full of life, enticing type for college kids and basic readers alike
Ancillaries: Testbank and PowerPoint slides on hand at www. wiley. com/go/pseudoscience
- Immortally Ever After (Monster Mash, Book 3)
- Take Me (The Untouchables, Book 1)
- Xoe: Or Vampires, and Werewolves, and Demons, Oh My! (Xoe Meyers, Book 1)
- Thirteen (Women of the Otherworld)
- A Charming Crime (Magical Cures Mystery, Book 1)
- Shadowman (Shadow, Book 3)
Additional info for Danse Macabre (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 14)
It was not a wall in my bedroom. Yet somehow it was famihar. Identification came instantly. It wasn't a wall, it was the ceiling. I was floating against the ceiling, bouncing gently with any movement I made. I rolled in the air, startled, and looked down. There, in the dim light below me, was the bed. There were two figures lying in the bed. To the right was my wife. Beside her was someone else. Both seemed asleep. This was a strange dream, I thought. I was curious. Whom would I dream to be in bed with my wife?
On one occasion, at I dis- seemed least, it to develop into a ring of sparks about two feet in diameter, with the axis of my body in the center of the ring. I could would if I closed my eyes. The head and slowly sweep down to my toes and back to the head, keeping this up in a regular oscillation. The time of the cycle seemed to be some five seconds. As the ring ring actually see this ring start at the passed over each section of my body, tions like a band cutting through that passed over my I could section.
In the obscure history of mankind, The word matter. "astral" has dim it is an entirely different origins in early mystical and occult events which involve witchcraft, sorcery, incantations, and other seeming foolishness which modern man looks upon as silly and superstitious nonsense. As no attempt was made to delve deeply into this area, I still don't know what the word "astral" means. " The person who travels around in his astral body can make short visits to these talk places, with "dead" people, participate in activities and come none the worse for wear.