By Erich von Däniken
Erich von Daniken's Chariots of the Gods is a piece of enormous importance--the first publication to introduce the surprising conception that historical Earth were visited through extraterrestrial beings. This world-famous bestseller has withstood the try of time, inspiring numerous books and movies, together with the author's personal well known sequel, The Eyes of the Sphinx. yet this is the place all of it began--von Daniken's startling theories of our earliest encounters with alien worlds, established upon his lifelong experiences of historical ruins, misplaced towns, power spaceports, and a myriad of difficult clinical proof that time to extraterrestrial intervention in human historical past. so much very good of all, notwithstanding, is von Daniken's conception that we ourselves are the descendants of those galactic pioneers--and the archeological discoveries that turn out it... * An alien astronaut preserved in a pyramid
* Thousand-year-old spaceflight navigation charts
* desktop astronomy from Incan and Egyptian ruins
* A map of the land underneath the ice cap of Antarctica
* a huge spaceport came upon within the Andes
contains extraordinary photographs that rfile mankind's first touch with extraterrestrial beings on the sunrise of civilization.
Read Online or Download Chariots of the Gods PDF
Similar paranormal phenomena books
Solid out by way of her country and much from domestic, she's the Kanin people's simply hope.
Bryn Aven - unjustly charged with homicide and treason - is at the run. the only one that will help is her maximum enemy, the enigmatic Konstantin Black. Konstantin is her simply best friend opposed to those that have taken over her state and threaten to smash every thing she holds pricey. yet can she belief him?
As Bryn fights to transparent her identify, the Kanin rulers’ darkest secrets and techniques are coming to light… and now the full troll international is on the point of warfare. Will it tear Bryn from Ridley Dresden, the single man she’s ever enjoyed? and will she subscribe to forces with Finn Holmes and the Trylle nation? something is sure: an epic conflict is underway—and while it’s whole, not anything will ever be the same…
Born a half-breed to an elven mom and human father, Leesil used to be raised within the Warlands as murderer, undercover agent, and slave to Lord Darmouth, ruler to at least one of its self sufficient provinces. yet Leesil's mom informed him too good, and he used his abilities to flee, leaving his mom and dad to endure Darmouth's wrath for all such traitors and their family.
Debut writer Enthoven supplies a sprawling myth epic set in modern day London a couple of 14-year-old boy, Charlie, who thinks he has been given superpowers. in point of fact, notwithstanding, that Charlie has been possessed via a demon.
Pseudoscience and outstanding Claims of the magical: A severe Thinker's Toolkit presents readers with a number of "reality-checking" instruments to investigate amazing claims and to figure out their validity.
• Integrates basic but robust evaluative instruments utilized by either paranormal believers and skeptics alike
• Introduces techniques resembling a continuum for score paranormal claims and comparing their implications
• comprises an leading edge "Critical Thinker's Toolkit," a scientific technique for appearing fact assessments on paranormal claims on the topic of astrology, psychics, spiritualism, parapsychology, dream telepathy, mind-over-matter, prayer, existence after demise, creationism, and more
• Explores the 5 replacement hypotheses to think about while confronting a mystical claim
• truth cost containers, built-in into the textual content, invite scholars to interact in additional dialogue and exam of claims
• Written in a full of life, attractive type for college students and common readers alike
Ancillaries: Testbank and PowerPoint slides to be had at www. wiley. com/go/pseudoscience
- Wolf at the Door (Salvation Pack, Book 1)
- Dead Ringers
- The Shadowy Horses
- Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, Book 1)
- Sky Pirates (The Chronicles of Light and Shadow, Book 3)
Additional info for Chariots of the Gods
For 4,000 years the Egyptians considered their 'gods' to be real beings. In the Middle Ages we still killed 'witches' in our burning ideological zeal. The belief of the ancient Greeks that they could tell the future from a goose's entrails is as out of date today as the conviction of ultraconservatives that nationalism still has the slightest importance. We have a thousand and one errors of the past to correct. The self-assurance that is feigned is threadbare and is really only an acute form of stubbornness.
On the fifth tablet of the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is of Sumerian origin and much older than the Bible, we find virtually the same sentence: 'No mortal comes to the mountain where the gods dwell. ' In other ancient books which hand down stages in the history of mankind, we find very similar statements. Why did the 'gods' not want to show themselves face to face? Why did they not let their masks fall? What were they afraid of? Or does the whole account in Exodus come from the Epic of Gilgamesh?
Now everything is more 'civilised' and there is much less Page 28 fuss. Theories and intolerably audacious ideas are hushed up or dismissed by killer phrases, as the Americans say. There are many possibilities: • It's against the rules! ) It's not classical enough! ) • It's too revolutionary! ) • The universities won't go along with that! ) • Others have already tried that! (Of course. ) • We can't see any sense in it! ) • That hasn't been proved yet! ' 'Nowhere in the Bible,' asserted another, 'does it say that the earth revolves round the sun.