By Martin Plimmer, Brian King
Publish yr note: First released January 1st 2004
Ever ask yourself what the percentages are of being struck by means of lightning?
Or profitable the lottery?
Or assembly a person from Timbuktu with a similar center identify as you?
Beyond Coincidence recounts and analyzes over two hundred outstanding tales of synchronicity, the likes of:
• Laura Buxton, age ten, releases a balloon from her again backyard. It lands a hundred and forty miles away within the yard of one other Laura Buxton, additionally age ten.
• sisters in Alabama come to a decision, independently, to go to the opposite. En path, their exact jeeps collide and either sisters are killed.
• A British cavalry officer used to be struggling with within the final 12 months of worldwide warfare One while he used to be knocked off his horse by means of a flash of lightning. He used to be paralyzed from the waist down. the guy moved to Vancouver, Canada the place, six years later, whereas fishing in a river, lightning struck him back, paralyzing his correct facet. years later, he was once sufficiently recovered to take walks in a neighborhood park while, in 1930, lightning sought him out back, this time completely paralyzing him. He died quickly after. 4 years later, lightning destroyed his tomb.
Read Online or Download Beyond Coincidence: Amazing Stories of Coincidence and the Mystery and Mathematics Behind Them PDF
Best paranormal phenomena books
Solid out via her state and much from domestic, she's the Kanin people's purely hope.
Bryn Aven - unjustly charged with homicide and treason - is at the run. the only one that can assist is her maximum enemy, the enigmatic Konstantin Black. Konstantin is her in simple terms best friend opposed to those that have taken over her state and threaten to break every thing she holds expensive. yet can she belief him?
As Bryn fights to transparent her identify, the Kanin rulers’ darkest secrets and techniques are coming to light… and now the full troll international is close to warfare. Will it tear Bryn from Ridley Dresden, the one man she’s ever enjoyed? and will she subscribe to forces with Finn Holmes and the Trylle state? something is sure: an epic conflict is underway—and whilst it’s entire, not anything will ever be the same…
Born a half-breed to an elven mom and human father, Leesil used to be raised within the Warlands as murderer, secret agent, and slave to Lord Darmouth, ruler to at least one of its self sufficient provinces. yet Leesil's mom expert him too good, and he used his abilities to flee, leaving his mom and dad to undergo Darmouth's wrath for all such traitors and their relations.
Debut writer Enthoven supplies a sprawling myth epic set in modern day London a couple of 14-year-old boy, Charlie, who thinks he has been given superpowers. in point of fact, although, that Charlie has been possessed by way of a demon.
Pseudoscience and remarkable Claims of the mystical: A severe Thinker's Toolkit offers readers with quite a few "reality-checking" instruments to research remarkable claims and to figure out their validity.
• Integrates easy but strong evaluative instruments utilized by either paranormal believers and skeptics alike
• Introduces recommendations reminiscent of a continuum for rating paranormal claims and comparing their implications
• contains an cutting edge "Critical Thinker's Toolkit," a scientific method for appearing truth tests on paranormal claims regarding astrology, psychics, spiritualism, parapsychology, dream telepathy, mind-over-matter, prayer, existence after dying, creationism, and more
• Explores the 5 substitute hypotheses to contemplate whilst confronting a magical claim
• fact cost containers, built-in into the textual content, invite scholars to interact in extra dialogue and exam of claims
• Written in a full of life, enticing kind for college kids and basic readers alike
Ancillaries: Testbank and PowerPoint slides on hand at www. wiley. com/go/pseudoscience
- Hosts (Repairman Jack, Book 5)
- The Magical Christmas Cat
- On the Hunt
- Goddess of Fate
- A Spell of Vengeance (Thieftaker Chronicles, Book 0.5)
Additional info for Beyond Coincidence: Amazing Stories of Coincidence and the Mystery and Mathematics Behind Them
Author’s collection, gift of Tom Gaskins) carvings but forgot about them. It was not until 1978 that he finally sent a photograph of a group of the completed five knees to the Ripley International Ltd. office in Toronto but was told that they did not require any more at the time (Gaskins 1979). There was ample room for confusion and misunderstanding in all of this, and Tom Gaskins did not believe that anyone at Ripley ever intended to misrepresent how the “RIPLEY” knee was actually formed. During my investigation, a Ripley official reported to me that “This exhibit has been in the possession of Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
New York: Houghton Mifflin. Loretto Chapel. d. Text of display card, photographed by author, 1993. ” 1960. Encyclopaedia Britannica. ” 1960. Encyclopaedia Britannica. Stieber, Tamar. 2000. Loretto staircase mystery unravels. New Mexico magazine. , 62–66. Flying Saucer Dogfight Chapter 7 Flying Saucer “Dogfight” Did an extraterrestrial craft actually fire on a police helicopter? If not, what was the nature of a UFO that two officers reported attacked them over Louisville, Kentucky, in 1993? Is this the case that proves the reality of alien invaders?
I was extended every courtesy in this, being provided a special work area and permission to fully examine and photograph the pages, which I did as part of a three-day stay at Lily Dale, August 7–9, 1998. 1 Several flourished signatures—“Ira Erastus Davenport,” “I. Erastus Davenport,” and “Ira E. Davenport,” with addresses of Buffalo and Chicago (the latter dated “1861”)—are found throughout the pages. These compare favorably (making allowances for variations over time) with the “Ira E. Davenport” signature on the January 19, 1909, letter to Houdini (previously mentioned).